Choosing where to have a break is always difficult as it’s flooded with choices from spas to themed weekend breaks abroad. There are a lot of fun weekend ideas and part of those weekends can include a heck of a round of golf with your friends. Some stag parties are geared toward golf breaks with their colleagues, friends and families and are the ultimate in men to men bonding. Golf has been one of the world’s most popular sports for a long time now and while it’s difficult, we’ve listed for you five of the top golf destinations:
- Spain: Southern Spain is one of the biggest golf hubs and this is mainly thanks to the all year round warm climates and over 100 courses to pick from. San Roque hosts the European Tour’s qualifying school and it neighbours the western Costa del Sol. Almeria, Cadiz and Malaga have some of the most beautiful golfing greens and is nearby to Anadalusia so if you’re away with family who aren’t interested in golf, there’s gorgeous beaches, rich cultures and excellent cuisine.
- Scotland: St Andrews is ranked as one of the top golfing destinations in the UK and tons of golfers who are anyone make a point of playing here. There are seven prominent Championship golf courses and Gleneagles is also said to surpass world courses and beautiful scenery along with fantastic space for a round or two, what more could you want? Grab your golf clubs and hop onto the nearest best quality electric golf carts and off you go!
- USA: Maine or New Mexico? Either one has plentiful greens as well as award winning courses available for play. Georgia’s Augusta National Golf Club has been ranked as the number one course in the USA and it’s actually one of the most exclusive in the world and as a sport, golf is right up there with baseball.
- South Africa: Challenging courses can be found all over South Africa but Garden Route’s Pinnacle Point Championship Golf course near Mossel Bay is one of the most famous. Caddies are an option at all South African golf courses.
- Portugal: With 80 top quality golf courses, Portugal’s courses are hard to beat and with the sunshine and views, clifftop courses are always available to tee-off on. San Lorenzo on the Algarve is one of the most loved courses and it was awarded the TripAdvisor certificate of excellence.
Wherever you choose to take your golf weekend, it’s not always about the course but the entire destination itself and making sure you have more to your holiday than where you set your tee down is so important. Travelling away for a golf holiday is a way to relax, unwind and using golf as a business incentive is extremely popular especially breaks abroad. It adds that little touch of luxury to your break which is something that most have to pay that little extra to achieve.Read More